Present in 150 countries • 6 100 employees • 19 000 points of sale
Due to the success of their anti-wrinkle and firming creams, Clarins had acquired a loyal customer base of mature, skin-concisious women. In an effort to build brand awareness and stimulate product trial among younger women, Clarins partnered with Wrapp and its media partners during the critical holiday season to distribute thousands of $10 gifts cards redeemable in their online shop.
- Extend corporate overhaul of brand image; be perceived as cool and cutting edge.
- Build brand awareness among women under 30 years old.
- Stimulate product trial by new, younger tech-savvy consumers.
- Offered $10 free gift cards for Wrapp users to give their friends.
- Added footer in three branded daily emails to users announcing partnership with Wrapp, and encouraging loyal customers to use the app to send free $10 Clarins gift cards to friends.
- Provided free $10 Clarins gift cards for Glamour magazine to give to its Facebook followers in celebration of reaching 1 million fans.
- Launched Give-to-Get referral marketing campaign on Clarins Facebook page and within Wrapp app.
- 36 000 people engaged with the Facebook campaign, resulting in more than 250 Likes and 40 Shares.
- 35% of gift cards sent by Clarins’ Facebook fans were redeemed by recipients; 28% of Clarins gift cards sent from Glamour magazine were redeemed.
- Majority of redeemed gifts were by women between the age of 20 and 30 years old.